Thursday, August 27, 2009

Look me in the eyes...

So... we all do it... We've all tried it... we all take the chance...

The "walk by smile"...

We see something cute in the distance.. We contemplate the "hey".. or "hello".. but usually we just squeeze out a half smile.. with no teeth.. just a lip curl...

Nine times out of ten we get the smile back... at least a semi-eye-squint.. Every once and a while you get lucky with the "continued eye contact to full smile"... but... sometimes you just get the "complete-look-away" avoidance technique... I don't judge this.. I understand if you're cute you can't just give those smiles out willy nilly... I guess...

If you're anything like me you get awkward half way through your smile.. look away and think about how you have a severe social disease...
OR...
Maybe you're of that "small group" that can parley this "little interaction" into a conversation.. if you are... good for you... I hate you..

Anyway.. here's what happened to me recently...

I see something cute, petite, and brunette in the distance.. I'm feeling good about myself... I have an extremely rare, endorphin generated, boost of confidence and I decide I might even go for the "full-eye-contact-smile to hello/hey".... i think to myself.. "be bold just do it... what do you have to lose?"

So I do.. we're getting closer.. I go for the full eye contact and start the smile.. half way through my smile.. she gives me a HUGE eye roll..

WHAT THE FUCK?!?

I didn't corner this chick and say "hey.. I like your tits.. wanna bone?"... all I did was smile.. an innocent.. non creepy smile.... I wasn't starey... I wasn't "gross".. I was cute and personable.. so... WHAT THE FUCK!?

I mean.. maybe it's just me.. but I ALWAYS give the smile/head nod back.. even if it's some gross middle aged, fat, gay man with three teeth... if he smiles.. makes the attempt.. or eye contact.. I'll always give it back.. why not?

When did the "smile as you walk by" become worthy of a HUGE eye roll?

Fuck you, man.. that's some bullshit..

I thought for a second.. "nah.. maybe it wasn't to me.. maybe I was imagining it"... so I ask my friend if he'd try it out on the same girl... we're in the mall.. I say "if we see her.. do the "walk by smile" and see what she does"... He agrees..

Two minutes later.. there she is.. cute-petite-brunette is approaching.. I make sure she can't see me and hide behind a bunch of clothes.. there's no way she knows we're together... He approaches and gives her the same "walk by smile"... and... the bitch rolls her eyes AGAIN!. WHY!?!

Even if we were gross.. which I don't think we are.. COME ON!... Two eye rolls? fucking lame..

let this be a lesson to all you cute girls out there.. if you really don't feel like giving the smile back.. just look away.. don't roll the eyes... It really kills a guys confidence... and to "cute-petite-brunette"... You've given me even more reason to hate the general public... and I thank you... you stuck up bitch...

UGH
G.Y.M.

1 comment:

  1. "and once a boy has suffered rejection, he will find rejection even where it does not exist- or worse, will draw it forth from people by expecting it."

    ReplyDelete